The Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 has given us lots of new information about the system and its games. Here are the highlights, along with video clips of some announced games:
- Nintendo Switch launches worldwide March 3, 2017.
- Price is $299.99 in North America and ¥29,980 in Japan. Other regional prices have yet to be announced.
- Will be region-free.
- Will have paid online services; will be free for a period after launching with paid being required in Fall, 2017.
- Joy-Con controllers will support Amiibos.
- Will allow you to record gameplay footage.
- Will have “share” functionality for sharing screenshots and footage over social media.
- Controllers will have accelerometer and gyro sensors.
Some games confirmed for the system include:
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (will be a launch title; also coming to Wii U)
- Super Mario Odyssey (releases Holiday 2017)
- Will be a sandbox open world title
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2
- Fire Emblem Warriors
- Sonic Mania
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Splatoon 2 (Summer 2017)
- Super Bomberman R
- Puyo Puyo Tetris
Some other games announced include:
- ARMS (a boxing/shooter hybrid)
- A new Shin Megami Tensei title
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- A new No More Heroes title
- Project Octopath Traveler – a new RPG title from Square Enix
- Dragon Quest Heroes I & II – released as one game
- Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
- Dragon Quest X
- I am Setsuna
- Disgaea 5
- Skylanders Imaginators
- Lego City Undercover
You can see a game highlight reel showing off quick scenes of several games here:
And finally, if you’ve got the time, you can view the entire presentation here: